EATING DISORDER SUPPORT GROUPS
Our support groups provide a safe space to share experiences, encouragement, and hope while emphasizing shared connection and the positive aspects of recovery. Groups are located in Boston, MA and Providence, RI and are both free and open to the public.
SUPPORTING YOUR LOVED ONE WITH AN EATING DISORDER
On October 19th the Karin Lewis Eating Disorder Center will be offering a unique, free 90-minute support group run by Karin Lewis, Certified Eating Disorder Specialist and Mike Polan, whose daughter was diagnosed with an eating disorder when she was 10 years old.
• This group is for supports only.
• Photo ID is mandatory for entrance into the building.
• Space is limited and you must be registered to attend group.
BI-MONTHLY EATING DISORDER SUPPORT GROUP (BOSTON)
When: 1st & 3rd Wednesday, 6:30p-8:30p
Where: 399 Boylston Street 6th Flr Boston, MA 02116
- This group is open to the public and free of charge.
- Registration is required for entry.
- A valid photo ID is mandatory for access into the building.
- You do not need to be a client at KLEDC to attend.
- Our group seats up to 16 members.
- Please contact us if you (or any of your guests) are under the age of 16 so we can access whether group would be a good fit.
- We ask that you (and any guests) register for each group even if you are unsure whether you can attend. Likewise, we ask that you cancel ahead of time if you cannot make it to group so that we can open your spot to a registrant on the waitlist.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation and reminder email prior to the group. If you opted to be added to the waitlist for a group, you will receive an email should a place open up.
- Please call (857) 243-0056 if you have questions about our groups.
- Our location is uniquely positioned on the Boylston Street corridor one block from the Public Garden, Boston Common. The Property is located on the same block as the Arlington Street MBTA Station, and minutes from Storrow Drive, I-93, the Mass Pike (I-90) and Logan International Airport. Street parking available.
MONTHLY EATING DISORDER SUPPORT GROUP (PROVIDENCE)
Our Monthly Eating Disorder Support Group, held in Providence, offers a unique perspective on recovery with professional and peer support from two recovered women.. This group is led by both a licensed clinician and a recovery speaker. This group is for individuals with eating disorders and their families/friends and other supports.
When: every second Saturday, 10a-11:30a
Where: BeCollaborative Care
439 Benefit St. Providence, RI 029036
- This group is free and open to the public.
- No registration required.
- You do not need to be a client of Be Collaborative Care to attend.
- Our group is typically comprised of 6-10 members.
- Please contact us if you (or any of your guests) are under the age of 16 so we can assess whether group would be a good fit.
- Please call (857) 243-0056 if you have questions.
- Be Collaborative Care is located on College Hill, near Brown University and Wickenden Street, in Providence's East Side neighborhood. Be is 1 mile from the Providence Commuter rail, with easy access to highways and Downtown Providence.